A capable Tax Assistant is needed to join a highly successful and well-regarded accountancy practice in Exeter. This is an opportunity for an ambitious Tax Assistant looking to work within a very welcoming team in a forward-thinking firm.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with experience of tax calculations with the opportunity to develop your career within this fantastic company. Reporting to the Tax Manager duties will include:
- Undertaking annual tax compliance work including the preparation of personal tax returns, trust tax returns and partnership tax returns
- Assisting with the preparation of the year-end tax letters for the firm.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual P11D letters for the firm and assist with the preparation of the P11D forms.
- Helping with the compliance work for probate cases and estates to include preparation of PA1 form and IHT forms 205 and 400. Former knowledge of Probate is an advantage but is not essential as training can be provided.
- Providing ad hoc support to the tax manager as the work arises.
- Undertaking administration including new client on boarding and department billing.
- Liaising with clients and handling client queries in a positive and customer focused manner.
In return this employer provides a friendly working environment, very competitive salary of £23,000 – £28,000pa based on experience/qualifications plus superb benefits package including study support for ATT, holiday, pension, flexitime, ongoing training as well as great career progression opportunities.
You will have recent experience of working in an accountancy practice including personal tax computations and enjoy the challenge of working with a large variety of clients.
Whilst you’ll already have experience of basic tax return preparation you will need to be willing to learn and undertake new tasks such as trust and partnership tax returns.
An effective communicator you will be comfortable liaising with colleagues and clients and be someone who wants to make a difference to the firm’s clients and to be part of the team.
AAT or ATT part qualified / qualified or equivalent experience is required, study support to complete qualifications and/or undertake further qualifications is available.
Our client is happy to consider applications seeking part time or full time employment.
**Due to COVID restrictions the role will initially be on a work from home basis with occasional days in the office, however as restrictions are lifted the role will become part home and part office based or office based if preferred.**
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based independent recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.