A commercially astute dynamic qualified accountant (or nearly qualified accountant) is needed to join an established business at their head office near Exeter in the newly created position of Management Accountant on a six month contract.
This is not the average accounting role – it’s a rare opportunity for a proactive professional to join an exceptional business that is leading the way in its sector.
Management Accountant – The Role
As part of a friendly, dedicated finance team, Management Accountant will take ownership of the management accounts for multiple entities with duties including:
- Preparing complex monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary, providing timely and insightful management information reporting for senior management.
- Completion of month end processes including journals, reconciliations and financial control processes.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts, monitoring and reporting on variances. Liaising with and supporting non-finance budget holders.
- Submitting VAT returns and undertaking VAT analysis.
- Business partnering and working closely with key stakeholders across the business.
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns and providing VAT analysis.
- Supervising and supporting one member of the team, to complete transactional accounting tasks.
- Supporting the imp0lementation of a new finance system.
- Undertaking ad hoc project, reporting and analysis work.
Management Accountant – The Person
- We are keen to hear from ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified accountants, or nearly qualified accountants with excellent technical knowledge, proven ability in delivering management accounts.
- Strong track record / recent experience of the full management accounting process.
- You will be a self-starter with a proactive approach and a desire to work in a fast-paced, change environment where you will be hands on.
- You’ll be a first-rate communicator with the ability to supervise and empower others to achieve.
- A natural problem-solver with strong analytical skills, able to understand and explain complex information to non-finance staff at all levels.
- You will be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with colleagues at all levels in the business.
- Excel skills including use of formulas, look ups and pivot tables are essential.
Management Accountant – The Rewards
In return this employer provides an engaging highly supportive working environment along with a competitive salary plus outstanding comprehensive benefits package and ongoing support and development.
Hours of work: 37 hours, Mon – Fri
The role will be fully home based until restrictions are lifted with the opportunity to continue working from home 2-3 days per week thereafter.
Interviews will take place remotely in line with current COVID restrictions.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West. Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.