Isca Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an human resources professional to join a highly successful organisation as the HR Officer at their office in Newton Abbot.
This employer is unique and offers an opportunity for genuine job satisfaction. You will be working in an education service and provision setting and therefore it is likely you will have experience of leading and managing strategic and operational needs within the education sector and/or within schools or multi academy trusts. This new role is integral to the future growth plans of the organisation.
HR Officer – The Role
- Oversee HR function in the delivery of strategic objectives. Work in partnership with Heads of department and their teams to ensure that the right HR support and techniques are used in order to balance both the needs of the employer and the needs of employee.
- Manage and collate the data required during the onboarding of new staff to ensure legal compliance with the Single Central Register (SCR)
- Follow HR Policy and systems and procedures
- Support line managers and employees through disciplinary & grievances, probation, appraisal process and capability plans
- Ensure the absence management policy is adhered to and any necessary action is taken in accordance with this policy
- Advise line managers and employees on terms and conditions of employment and knowledge, sharing best practice
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Maintain and report on all CPD / Training activity undertaken by staff
- Support payroll by processing contract amendments, absence/annual leave information etc.
- Manage recruitment activity within the organisation, creating and updating where necessary job descriptions, person specifications, job adverts, coordination of interviews ensuring all recruitment activity is in accordance with safer recruitment guidelines
- Delivery of new starter inductions
- Participate in the review of HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects that support strategic goals of the organisation
- Line management of the HR Assistant
HR Officer – The Person
- Proven working experience as HR Officer / HRBP
- Proven knowledge of HR best practices and employment law/guidelines
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Competence to build and effectively manage relationships at all levels in the company
- Experience of working towards the fulfilment of corporate objectives
- Ability to apply discretion in sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working to deadlines and adapting to change
- Able to work independently and use own initiative
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience at operating at CIPD level 3
- Willingness to learn and develop and be pro-active regarding personal development
This is an urgent requirement and applications will be reviewed promptly with interviews to take place asap.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.