A commercially astute dynamic qualified accountant is needed to join an established and growing multi-site organisation at their head office in South Devon as the Head of Finance.
This is not the average accounting role! It’s a rare opportunity for a proactive qualified accounting professional to join an organisation that is leading the way in its sector and where you can genuinely make a difference to lives in local communities.
Head of Finance – The Role
As part of a friendly, dedicated senior management team, the Head of Finance and Commercial is a business critical role where you will take ownership of delivering a comprehensive finance function across all sites as well as providing financial guidance and strategic leadership on commercial opportunities and cost saving measures.
Duties will include:
- Leading and developing the small finance team.
- Providing timely, insightful and accurate management information reporting for senior management and Directors.
- Monthly management accounts preparation and reporting for budget holders and Directors.
- Delivering insightful financial analysis as well as operational and strategic financial advice for the board.
- Oversee the budget preparation for each site as well as the consolidated budget, monitoring and supporting and challenging non-finance budget holders as needed.
- Strengthening the financial management and understanding across multiple sites.
- Forecast planning and production.
- Control and manage working capital and cashflow.
- Production of annual statutory accounts, manage and liaise with external auditors and tax specialists as needed.
- Continuous review and improvement of processes and controls across the finance function.
- Provide financial leadership to major business change projects, investment and capital expenditure.
- Review of suppliers ensuring value for money and cost-effective solutions are in place.
- Identifying and presenting potential income generation projects to the board, upon approval providing hands on leadership to deliver approved projects.
- Creating financial plans and costing for new projects and services.
- Risk Management including appropriate insurance policies are in place.
- Continual development of systems and processes.
Head of Finance – The Rewards
Competitive salary of £50,000pa – £70,000pa plus superb benefits including generous holiday entitlement, superb pension scheme, flexible working, as well as ongoing support and development.
This employer provides an engaging working environment where you will see the impact of your contribution every day.
Hours of work: 37 hours, Mon – Fri.
Head of Finance – The Person
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with excellent technical knowledge, proven ability in delivering all aspects of an effective finance function
- The successful candidate will have a proactive, high energy approach and enjoy being in a busy, varied role in a change environment.
- Self-starter with a desire to work in a fast-paced organisation.
- A track record in managing staff with the ability to positively manage others and lead by example.
- Commercial skills – able to see the bigger picture whilst identifying cost savings and income generation opportunities.
- A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills, able to analyse, understand and explain complex information.
- First rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence.
Please note due to location and the need to attend multiple sites, you will need to have your own transport.
This is an urgent requirement; CVs will be reviewed upon receipt with interviews to take place early in the New Year.
For a confidential chat and more details on this exciting lead finance role with a difference, please call Jo at Isca Recruitment.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West. Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.