**We‘re at interview stage, however please get in touch to be the first to hear about alternative opportunities.**
A commercially astute, dynamic, qualified accountant is needed to join an established and growing organisation at their head office in East Devon as the Head of Finance & Resources.
This is not the average accounting role! It is a rare opportunity for a proactive qualified accounting professional to join an organisation that is leading the way in its sector and where you can genuinely make a difference.
Head of Finance & Resources – The Role:
As part of a friendly, dedicated senior management team, the Head of Finance and Resources is a business critical role where you will be working at a strategic level, taking ownership of delivering a comprehensive finance function as well as providing leadership of operational and project activities including HR, estates management and development, health and safety, marketing and information systems.
Duties will include:
- Managing and developing the finance team, administrative and support staff.
- Ensuring the provision of timely, insightful and accurate management information reporting for senior management and Directors.
- Delivering insightful financial analysis as well as operational and strategic financial advice for the board.
- Responsible for strategic financial plans, budget preparation (monitoring, supporting and challenging non-finance budget holders as needed) forecast planning and production, procurement and fixed assets.
- Production of annual statutory accounts, manage and liaise with external auditors and tax specialists as needed.
- Continuous review and improvement of processes and controls across the finance and administration functions.
- Review of suppliers ensuring value for money and cost-effective solutions are in place.
- Providing leadership and direction to development and change projects as well as capital build projects.
- Providing strategic leadership and management of support functions including HR, Marketing, Estates, Facilities etc.
- Identifying and presenting potential income generation projects to the board, upon approval providing hands on leadership to deliver approved projects.
- Creating financial plans and costings for new projects and services.
- Risk Management including appropriate insurance policies are in place.
Head of Finance & Resources – The Rewards:
Competitive salary of £58,000pa – £67,000pa plus benefits including generous holiday entitlement, superb pension scheme, as well as ongoing support and development.
This employer provides an engaging working environment where you will see the impact of your contribution every day in this unique organisation.
Head of Finance & Resources – The Person:
We are keen to hear from ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with excellent technical knowledge, proven ability in delivering all aspects of an effective finance function, as well as experience of strategic planning and project management. Experience of capital build projects is desirable.
You will be a self-starter with a high energy approach and a desire to work in a fast-paced changing organisation.
With a track record in managing staff and reporting at board level, you’ll be a first-rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence with the ability to positively manage and empower others to achieve.
You will enjoy using your commercial skills – able to see the bigger picture and plan ahead whilst also being hands on as needed to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills, able to analyse, understand and explain complex information to non-finance staff at all levels.
Please note due to location, you will need to have your own transport.
This is an urgent requirement; CVs will be reviewed upon receipt with interviews to take place early in July with the appropriate social distancing measures.
For a confidential chat and more details on this exciting lead finance role with a difference, please call Jo at Isca Recruitment.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.