A commercially astute dynamic qualified accountant is needed to join an established business at their head office near Exeter in the newly created position of Group Management Accountant.
This is not the average accounting role – it’s a rare opportunity for a proactive professional to join an exceptional business that is leading the way in its sector.
Group Management Accountant – The Role
As part of a friendly, dedicated finance team, the Group Management Accountant will work across multiple group businesses with duties including:
- Managing, nurturing and developing a small finance team.
- Ownership of the month end processes, managing the transactional accounting activities, monthly management accounts including providing timely and insightful management information reporting for senior management and Directors.
- Preparing and presenting Group management accounts.
- Responsible for budgets and forecasts, monitoring and reporting on variances, coordinating the annual budget and regular re-forecasting.
- Monitoring and managing company working capital and cash-flow.
- Financial analysis and financial modelling.
- Business partnering across group companies, strengthening financial management and understanding, providing support, financial information, analysis and reporting.
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns and providing VAT analysis.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to systems, processes, and controls
- Undertaking ad hoc project work.
Group Management Accountant – The Person
- We are keen to hear from ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified accountant, or similar with excellent technical knowledge, strong commercial experience and a proven ability in delivering accurate financial and management reporting.
- Strong track record / recent experience of management accounting and balance sheets.
- You will be a self-starter with a proactive approach and a desire to work in a dynamic, change environment where you will be hands on.
- With a track record in business partnering and staff management/supervision, you’ll be a first-rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence with the ability to positively manage and empower others to achieve.
- A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills, able to analyse, understand and explain complex information to non-finance staff at all levels.
- You will be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with colleagues at all levels in the business.
- Excel skills including use of formulas, look ups and pivot tables are essential.
Group Management Accountant – The Rewards
In return this employer provides an engaging highly supportive working environment along with a very competitive salary plus outstanding comprehensive benefits package and ongoing support and development.
Hours of work: 37 hours, Mon – Fri
This role will be based on the outskirts of Exeter close to the M5. The role will be fully home based until restrictions are lifted with the opportunity to continue working from home 2-3 days per week thereafter.
Interviews will take place remotely in line with current COVID restrictions.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West. Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.