Isca Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced accountant to join a highly successful business as the Financial Controller at their office in North West Devon.
You will be working in a highly visible role as part of the senior leadership team, providing financial insight and control to the business. This is a hands-on Financial Controller role with full responsibility for the finance function including managing and developing the small accounting team.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the purchase and sales ledgers, and monthly journals
- Income reconciliation and cash flow management.
- Providing weekly financial and management information reports for the directors
- Monthly financial statements / KPI’s, including commentary and variance analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Fixed assets register maintenance/depreciation
- Maintain statutory documents / returns and payments
- Identifying, implementing and ensuring effective financial controls, processes and systems
- Providing financial input into projects
- Business partnering non finance budget holders and management.
Financial Controller – The Person:
- This role will suit a proactive, experienced accountant seeking a varied role with a fast-paced business, where you will take responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the finance function.
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA or ACA, although applications from individuals who have the relevant finance experience are also welcome.
- You will enjoy using your commercial skills – able to see the bigger picture and plan ahead whilst also being hands on to ensure the effective delivery of monthly financial reporting.
- A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills you’ll have recent experience of management accounting, cashflow forecasting and financial analysis
- You’ll be a first-rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence with the ability to positively manage and empower others to achieve.
- IT literate with experience of Excel and Sage essential
- You will be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with colleagues at all levels in the business.
Financial Controller – The Rewards:
Salary: £38,000pa – £45,000pa
Benefits including pension, free parking, subsidised gym membership
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
This is an urgent requirement and applications will be reviewed promptly with interviews to take place asap.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.