** Please note this role has now been filled, please get in touch to be considered for similar roles in the future**
Isca Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced finance professional to join a highly successful organisation as the Company Accountant at their office in Okehampton.
You will be working in an established company in a highly visible role that is integral to the future growth plans of the business. Working as part of a friendly office team this is a hands-on Company Accountant role with full responsibility for the timely completion of accounting duties as well providing financial insight and guidance to the Directors. Duties will include:
- Managing and developing the accounting team of 2 staff
- Ensuring purchase invoices / cash incomes have been correctly entered
- Monitoring of various project spends
- Providing weekly MI reports for the directors and monthly financial statements / KPI’s, including commentary on reviewing variances against current forecast
- Cashflow projections
- Fixed assets register maintenance/depreciation
- Prepare and post monthly journals
- Maintain HMRC documents / returns and payments
- Ensuring robust and effective financial controls are in place and excellent month end processes
- Implementing software, systems and procedures as needed
- Oversee quarterly stock-taking
- Assistance with payroll matters from time to time
- Daily revenue and banking reconciliation and control of cash throughout the business
Company Accountant – The Person:
- This role will suit an ambitious, experienced accounting professional seeking a varied role with a growing fast paced business, where you will take responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the finance function.
- Recent experience of management accounting, cashflow forecasting and data analysis
- You will be a self-starter with a high energy approach and a desire to work in a fast-paced, change environment where you will be hands on.
- A strong communicator, you’ll possess an approachable personality and a positive attitude.
- IT literate with experience of Excel and Sage essential
- You will be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with colleagues at all levels in the business.
Company Accountant – The Rewards:
Salary: £30,000pa – £35,000pa
Benefits including pension, free parking, subsidised gym membership
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
This is an urgent requirement and applications will be reviewed promptly with interviews to take place asap.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.