A commercially astute, dynamic, qualified accountant is needed to join an established organisation at their head office in Exeter as the Chief Financial Officer.
This is not the average accounting role! It is a rare opportunity for a proactive qualified accounting professional to join an organisation where you can genuinely make a difference.
Chief Financial Officer – The Role:
As part of a friendly, dedicated senior management team, the CFO is a crucial high profile role where you will be working at a strategic level contributing to planning, policy and decision making as well as taking a hands on approach to delivering a comprehensive finance function.
Duties will include:
- Managing and developing the finance team.
- As a key member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to strategic planning, policy and decision making.
- Ensuring the provision of timely, insightful and accurate management information reporting for the SMT
- Preparing an annual budget and financial forecasts and monitoring financial performance, identifying areas of underperformance and material variations from forecasts, investigating and reporting appropriately.
- Implementing effective financial controls and ensuring a strong framework of financial processes and procedures are in place
- Responsible for treasury and cash management and for reviewing and monitoring the performance of the investment portfolios.
- Overseeing the preparation of the annual financial statements and the annual audit
- Helping support the implementation and monitoring of an appropriate risk management strategy
- Developing and implementing an internal audit programme to ensure that the organisation complies with financial procedures and regulations.
- Devising, implementing, and monitoring all financial aspects of the strategic plan.
- Providing advice on financial aspects of any business cases for new projects, with particular regard to VAT implications and identify exposure to risk
Chief Financial Officer – The Rewards:
This employer provides an engaging working environment where you will see the impact of your contribution every day in this unique organisation.
Competitive salary of £58,000pa – £60,000pa plus benefits.
Chief Financial Officer – The Person:
We are keen to hear from ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountants with excellent technical knowledge, strong strategic financial management skills coupled with a hands-on approach. You will be a self-starter with an engaging approach and a desire to work in a changing organisation.
Experience of working in a broad and complex environment with numerous income streams. Excellent commercial and business experience and ideally previous exposure to charitable organisations is required.
With a track record in managing staff and operating at board level, you’ll be a first-rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence with the ability to positively manage and empower others to achieve.
You will enjoy using your commercial skills – able to see the bigger picture and plan ahead whilst also being hands on as needed to ensure the effective delivery of monthly financial reporting.
A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills, able to analyse, understand and explain complex information to non-finance staff at all levels.
Applications from individuals seeking employment on a part time basis (4 days per week) are also welcome.
This is an urgent requirement; CVs will be reviewed upon receipt with interviews to take place ASAP.
For a confidential chat and more details on this exciting lead finance role with a difference, please call Jo at Isca Recruitment.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.