A proactive Assistant Accountant is needed to join an established business at their Launceston office. This is a great opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to join a fast-paced business where you can make a real difference!
Assistant Accountant – The Role:
As part of a friendly, dedicated finance team and working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be involved with:
- Maintaining accurate accounting records
- Supporting the month end by providing financial reports and management information for management
- Processing purchases and expenses allocating accurately,
- Bank reconciliations.
- Supporting forecasting assisting with the fixed asset register.
- Responding to queries both colleagues and third parties in a timely manner.
- Providing accurate and timely financial information to internal and external teams.
Assistant Accountant – The Rewards:
In return, this employer provides a superb supportive environment, competitive salary of £25,000 – £32,000pa depending on experience/qualifications plus excellent staff benefits including pension, onsite parking, ongoing support.
Hours: 35 per week, Mon- Fri 9am – 5pm.
Assistant Accountant – The Candidate:
- A self-starter with a desire to work in a growing fast paced business.
- Recent experience including month end accounting, reconciliations and expenses.
- AAT qualification or part-qualified ACCA or CIMA or similar level of experience.
- Superb communicator, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with colleagues and third parties.
- Good level of IT skills including Excel (formulas and look ups are essential).
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment within a proactive team.
This is an urgent requirement; CVs will be reviewed upon receipt with interviews to take ASAP with the appropriate social distancing / COVID prevention measures. An immediate start is available but by no means essential.
This role is commutable from Okehampton, Launceston, Callington, Tavistock and surrounding areas.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.