A proactive Assistant Accountant is needed to join an established business at their office near Exeter. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious accounting professional to join a fast-paced business at a time of significant growth and change in a key role where you can make a real difference to the business.
Assistant Accountant – The Role
As part of a friendly, dedicated accounts team and working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be involved with:
- Financial analysis and review of sales and margin performance.
- Management information analysis and control account reconciliations.
- Assisting with the production of management accounts.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of processes and controls within finance.
- Undertaking projects as needed.
- Assisting with purchase and sales ledgers as needed.
In return, this employer provides a competitive salary of £20,000 – £25,000pa depending on experience plus excellent staff benefits including pension, onsite parking, ongoing support and defined career progression.
Assistant Accountant – The Candidate
- An ambitious self-starter with a desire to work in a growing fast paced business.
- Recent experience including month end duties and financial analysis.
- AAT qualified, studying towards ACCA / CIMA part-qualified or equivalent experience.
- Superb communicator, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport.
- Excel skills including use of formulas, look ups and pivot tables are essential. Knowledge of Access is desirable
- Applications from individuals seeking their first move out of practice are also very welcome.
Please note due to location candidates will need to drive and have their own transport.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.