A proactive Assistant Accountant is needed to join an established business at their office near Crediton. This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious accounting professional to join a fast-paced company in a key role supporting the Financial Controller.
Assistant Accountant – The Role
As part of a friendly, dedicated accounts team and working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be involved with:
- Financial analysis and review of sales and margin performance.
- Management information analysis and control account reconciliations.
- Management accounting and budgeting.
- Preparing the rolling cashflow forecast.
- Undertaking month-end and year-end close processes
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of processes and controls within finance.
- Undertaking projects as needed.
- Assisting with purchase and sales ledgers as needed.
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000pa depending on experience plus benefits including pension, onsite parking, ongoing support to develop skills.
Hours: Mon – Fri, full time.
Assistant Accountant – The Candidate
- A self-starter and team player with a desire to work in a growing fast paced business.
- Recent experience including month end duties and financial analysis.
- Excel skills including use of formulas, look ups and pivot tables are essential.
- AAT qualified / studying towards ACCA / CIMA part-qualified / or equivalent experience.
- Superb communicator, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport.
- Applications from individuals seeking their first move out of practice are also very welcome.
This role is commutable from Crediton, Exeter, Tiverton, mid Devon, Okehampton and surrounding areas.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.