A dynamic qualified accountant with a passion for financial modelling is needed to join an established growing business at their head office in Exeter as a Financial Modeller.
This is a rare opportunity for a proactive finance professional seeking a move out of practice to join a business that is leading the way in its sector and where you will be part of a team genuinely making a difference.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Project management for several multi stakeholder commercial projects.
- Building complex financial models using historical, benchmark and assumption-led data.
- Providing forecasts which form the basis of projected financial statements and cashflows for use in a variety of scenarios for business cases
- Conducting Scenario Analysis, Options Appraisal & Financial Risk Assessments
- Business case drafting.
- Relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and help develop client toolkits such as benefits realisation dashboards
- Using advanced level technical Excel expertise including Visual Basic to develop structured spreadsheets which are optimally-designed, robust and stand up to audit, can be used by a lay user (with “light-touch” training) and have the necessary checks and balances to give surety over data and output integrity
In return this employer provides an engaging working environment, competitive salary of £40,000 – £50,000pa plus comprehensive benefits package, as well as ongoing support and CPD.
This employer welcomes applicants seeking full or part time employment:
Full time hours: Mon – Fri 40 hours
Part-time hours: min 3 days per week / 24 hours per week
We are keen to hear from ACA, ACCA qualified accountants, or similar, with excellent technical knowledge and advanced Excel expertise as well as a track record including financial analysis and/or financial modelling.
You will be a self-starter with a high energy approach and a desire to work in a fast-paced, change environment where you will be hands on.
You’ll be a first-rate communicator with strong verbal and written skills; able to inspire, persuade and influence and working in a collaborative manner with colleagues at all levels in the business.
A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills – able to analyse, understand and explain complex information to non-finance staff at all levels.
An understanding of carbon accounting methods and HMT Green Book technical accounting is desirable.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals seeking a move out of professional services or similar.
Please note this employer operates within current COVID guidelines and therefore the role will include some working from home.
This is an urgent requirement; CVs will be reviewed upon receipt with interviews to take ASAP with the appropriate social distancing / COVID prevention measures.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West. Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.