An experienced Payroll & Accounts Assistant is needed to join a highly successful accountancy practice at their office in Exeter. With supportive management and a friendly team, it is an exciting time to join an established professional firm focused on providing high-quality support to businesses and individuals.
Payroll & Accounts Assistant – The Role
You will be responsible for a varied portfolio of clients including limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. Duties will include:
- Processing payrolls, including starters, leavers, statutory deductions, RTI, PAYE, auto-enrolment.
- Resolving payroll queries and liaising with payroll clients.
- Undertaking bookkeeping to trial balance and producing relevant management reports
- Maintaining and analysing sales and purchase ledgers
- Bank reconciliations and VAT returns.
- Resolving bookkeeping queries and liaising with clients, providing support regarding ‘making tax digital’
Payroll & Accounts Assistant – The Rewards
- In return this employer provides a friendly working environment competitive salary of £20,000 – £22,000pa based on experience/qualifications.
- Superb benefits package including pension, healthcare, life assurance, bonus, ongoing training and support.
Payroll & Accounts Assistant – The Person
- The successful candidate is likely to be AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Recent experience of payroll processing and accounts duties is essential.
- An effective communicator you will be comfortable liaising with colleagues and clients.
- Experience using Sage Line 50, QuickBooks or Xero is required.
This is an urgent requirement so please don’t delay in applying today.