A commercially astute qualified accountant is needed to join an established multi-site organisation at their head office on the outskirts of Exeter as a Management Accountant. This is not the average accounting role – it’s a rare opportunity for a proactive professional to join an organisation that is leading the way in its sector and where you can genuinely make a difference to society.
Management Accountant – The Role
As part of a friendly, dedicated finance team, the Management Accountant will take ownership of the management accounts for multiple sites including:
- Providing timely, insightful and accurate management information reporting for senior management and Directors.
- Strengthening the financial management and understanding across multiple sites.
- Monthly management accounts preparation and reporting for budget holders and Directors.
- Ensuring all income received is entered and accrued/deferred accurately.
- Cashflow and forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Undertaking recharges and reconciliations.
- Preparation of MI for senior management
- Assisting with the provision of insightful financial analysis as well as supporting the continual development of systems and processes.
Management Accountant – The Person
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport, you will be working closely with colleagues at all levels in finance as well as the wider senior management team requiring a consultative approach.
- Technical knowledge and experience to ensure timely and accurate financial and management reporting.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, or similar.
- Strong track record / recent experience of management accounting and balance sheets.
- Excel skills including use of formulas, look ups and pivot tables are essential.
- Self-starter with a desire to work in a fast-paced organisation.
Management Accountant – The Rewards
In return this employer provides an engaging working environment, competitive salary of £37,000pa – £46,000pa plus superb benefits including 24 days holiday + bank holidays, very generous pension scheme as well as ongoing support and potential for progression.
Hours of work: 37 hours, Mon – Fri This role is based on the outskirts of Exeter close to the M5.
Immediate start is available.
For a confidential career chat and more details on this exciting Management Accountant, please call Jo at Isca Recruitment.