An experienced finance and administration professional is needed to join a highly successful business as the Bookkeeper and Office Administrator at their office near Newton Abbot.
This is a hands-on bookkeeping and office administration position with responsibility for the timely completion of accounting and administration duties. As part of a small friendly business the postholder will provide accounting and administrative support to the Directors. Duties will include:
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledgers
- Production of customer statements and credit control of overdue accounts
- Collating and recording expenses, reconciling credit card statements.
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end duties including journal entries, income and expenditure reporting.
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Liaising with the external accountants.
- Answer office calls, opening and distributing post.
- Providing administrative support to the directors including responding to correspondence on their behalf as well as diary management.
Bookkeeper and Office Administrator – The Person:
This role will suit an experienced finance professional seeking a varied role with responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the office function.
- Recent experience of bookkeeping.
- A strong communicator, possess an approachable personality and a positive attitude.
- IT literate with experience of accounting software and Office.
- Able to work using own initiative and able to effectively manage own time.
- Comfortable working alone and liaising with colleagues via email and phone.
Bookkeeper and Office Administrator – The Rewards:
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000pa + benefits and free parking.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business.
Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.