A competent Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeper is needed to join a small finance team at an established business on the outskirts of Exeter. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for a range of accounting duties.
Accounts Assistant – The Role:
- Maintaining the purchase ledger: processing all purchase invoices, coding, reconciling the ledger.
- Maintaining the sales ledger: processing sales invoices, credits and opening new sales accounts.
- Dealing with supplier and customer queries.
- Bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
- Intercompany accounting.
- Vat returns, EC sales lists and intrastat reporting.
- Maintaining and analysing sales reports using Excel.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with month end duties and payment runs.
Accounts Assistant – The Person:
- The successful candidate will have a proactive, friendly personality and enjoy being in a busy, varied role as a key part of a small office team.
- Recent accounts experience including purchase and sales ledgers, reconciliations is essential with experience of EC sales lists, intercompany accounting desirable.
- Good IT skills and recent experience of Sage Lie 50 is essential.
- You will need to be organised and able to work using your own initiative.
Salary: £20,000pa – £23,000pa
Benefits: Free parking, holiday and pension.
Hours: Full-time, Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm (35-hour week)
Start Date: Immediate start available however up to one month’s notice is fine.
THIS IS AN URGENT REQUIREMENT AND APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED PROMPTLY, INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ASAP.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.